Results tagged ‘ Celebration drinks ’
When the Rays clinched a playoff spot Saturday afternoon, the bartenders at Ferg’s Sports Bar and Grill sprang into action and whipped up an instant Rays Victory Punch.
The blue concoction, made with “lots of vodka and blue Gatorade,” according to bar manager Trish Snyder, was a hit with the crowd (even if being free might have had something to do with it), and they made a frozen version after Sunday’s game.
That got us thinking that there are ample opportunities for restaurants and bars all around the bay area to get into the spirit of the Rays by creating Rays’ spirits. Here are some suggestions for some signature libations:
• Aki Sake. Has a great kick, just like Aki when he’s lasering balls up the middle to get on base.
• Pena Colada. This one has been screaming for a drink special at the Trop all year: $1 Pena Coladas every time he blasts a home run.
• Scottch, neat. Pitcher Scott Kazmir’s got some strong stuff, and so does this drink.
• Bartlett pear vodka and tonic. Refreshingly smooth, just like the shortstop’s throws to first.
• Big Brown Pale Ale. Cliff Floyd’s clubhouse nickname makes for a perfect match with this bold brewski.
• Longoria Iced Tea. So many ingredients have gone into making him an All-Star, why not do the same for his drink?
• Miller Highlight. Ahh, this beer for our man, Trever, goes down best when served with the video of the last two outs he pitched to get the team into the playoffs.
• El Perezadente Margarita. Packs a powerful punch, just like Perez’s throws from the outfield.
• Carl’s ‘Burg Pilsner and CC and Seven. A team member who’s been here the longest, Carl Crawford deserves at least two drink specials.
• Navi Agave Tequila Shot. Served straight up, just like when Dioner Navarro pounces on a runner trying to steal second.
• Grant’s Foster Lager. Balfour, the pitcher from Down Under, would feel right at home with this Australian brand.
Zobrist Zombie. Ben’s calm demeanor no matter where he’s fielding make this the perfect concoction.
• Mercy! Perci Flamer. Troy Percival’s recent penchant for getting jammed up as a closer has earned him the nickname of Firestarter around some parts. Why not celebrate it with a flaming drink?
• Mohawk Malt Liquor. Comes in 24-ounce cans, perfect for those longs innings when the Rays’ bats are hot.